Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Let's talk politics!

the subject: Counterfeit shoes
who is for it and who is against it?


For my birthday I got these beautiful Sergio Rossi pumps as a gift. I have been wanting them since January and you can go back to previous posts to prove it.


I found this funny birthday picture to share.. I am only missing to feature the black studded Brian Atwood sandals aka my new favorite pain.




Well the point is that the very next day at the mall I saw these at a Bebe store






Exact replicas minus the Bebe logo and a barely noticeable python pattern in the platform area.

That same day I went out with my friend and she was wearing the exact same copy of my Louboutin Delics from Aldo minus the red sole.

and she paid $ 59.00

Although these aren't exactly counterfeit items I couldn't help getting a little bit upset

Making beautiful shoes affordable to all is a great thing, but if you are to make the same EXACT shoe where does the exclusivity of paying $ 1,000 goes?

for that make all beautiful shoes $ 59.00 and spare me the months  years of saving right?

..but then again maybe I am just being a cry baby


What are your thoughts on this subject? I am eager to know!


xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Amy, I love your Sergio Rossis!!!!! While I would have had a heart attack if I was you and I walked into Bebe and saw the copied style. I get less upset seeing designer "inspired" copies at legitimate stores like Bebe or Aldo. What I absolutley am disgusted by are the counterfeit knock offs that are sold all over the Internet claiming to be authentic. That is 100000% something I am against.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! your passion is shoes?
    I loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna let you know about my newest blog feature, please read about it and let me know what you think! Thank you so much! <3

    http://fraupixiedust.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-challenge-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you love! I hope you join the challenge and send me your pictures!
    :)) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback