Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Arabian nights

I came across these pictures of Catherine Baba a while back and thought "this has to be the only person in the world that could pull off the turban chic look this well". 




The look was also seen on Kate Moss at the MET Gala back in 2009..


But why am I talking about it now? Well ladies, I think turbanesque head pieces are on their way to become the next big thing. 
I walked into Zara yesterday and there was the trend. At first I thought it was one of their clever European styling tips, and then I saw it again in Saks... and then I realized the turban will also be making an appearance in the next Sex and the City movie!
That must mean something!


I know this look can be quite the challenge so if you just want to try it without investing a fortune I suggest this piece from Amazon.com
It is only $ 7.99


Not daring enough for the turban? Try a head scarf like this Parisian girl! A wide one with bold prints is sure to make you stand out in all the right ways.



I will be trying this soon! Will you?

2 comments:

  1. Please post photos if you do try it soon. Not sure if I could pull it off.
    beijos-Tiffany-http://imashoewhore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the look, but not sure if I would try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback